Bandits Field Renovation Project
The Batavia Bandits’ Field renovation project has been progressing full force this fall. The improvements are quickly noticeable to those that have stopped by to see the field. We look forward to a much improved playing surface and overall baseball experience for the 2015 season. The field will be the home location for our 9u-13u teams. The field will also be accessible for practice opportunities to all the Bandits teams.
- The renovation includes:
- New infield sod
- Resized infield for multiple base dimensions
- Infield grading to reduce flooding after heavy rains
- New pitchers mound designed to be used for multiple pitching distances
- Weed control, aeration and over seeding of the outfield playing surface
- Added water hookup for grass and field maintenance
There is still a lot of work to be done and the Bandits need more volunteers to complete and maintain this facility for the future.
A special thanks goes out to Adam Clemens, Tyler Clemens, Jim Eccher and all those who have donated funds and volunteered their time to keep this project moving forward.